Delicious and Healthy Recipe: Lemon and Raspberry Muffins – Makes 12 servings
- 1 ¾ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup honey
- 2 eggs, preferably at room temperature
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 medium lemon
- 1 ½ cups frozen organic raspberries
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- Preheat to 350˚F (175˚C) and grease the muffin tin.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the oil and honey together.
- Add the eggs and whisk. Stir in the yogurt, vanilla, and lemon zest. (If the coconut oil solidifies in contact with cold ingredients, gently warm the mixture in the microwave in 30-second bursts.)
- Gently fold the raspberries into the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly among the cups. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with raw sugar.
- Bake the muffins for 22 to 24 minutes.
- Place the muffin tin on a wire rack to cool and serve!
TIP: Try different fruits (calories may vary depending on the fruit type).
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- Calories: 250
- Protein: 4.5g
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4g
- Carbohydrates: 34g